THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!
Whether you are a physician, nurse, mental health professional, EMT, police officer, firefighter, in the military, veteran, or teacher, there are a number of mortgage programs designed especially with your needs in mind. Here are some of the program highlights:
- Law enforcement officers, pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade teachers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians are eligible for HUD’s Good Neighbor Next Door Sales Program. HUD offers a substantial incentive in the form of a discount of 50% from the list price of the home. In return you must commit to live in the property for 36 months as your sole residence. Then you qualify for several home loan programs developed specifically to help you with your down payment and/or closing costs.
- With the Community Partners Program, you can get up to $7,500 in down payment assistance with a minimum contribution of $1,000. This is a grant that matches $4 for every $1 you contribute. And guess what? This is not just for first time home buyers! This program is for educators, emergency medical services, firefighters, law enforcement officers (serving or retired), medical professionals and military and veterans.
- The Community Heroes Mortgage Program offers very lenient loan terms and a $500 closing credit. It is offered by The Federal Savings Bank which is Veteran owned - and that's just one of the partners with whom I work.
- You may qualify for the Maryland Mortgage Grant Assist Program, where you can receive a first mortgage loan grant of up to 4% to cover down payment and closing costs.
- Many benefits of the national home buying program for teachers have been extended to all medical professionals including nurses, medical staff and doctors. The Nurse Next Door grant program amounts have been increased up to $6,000.00. You may also be eligible for additional down payment assistance for nurses and medical professionals.
- All firefighters, EMT's and support staff may purchase any home on the market through the Firefighter Next Door Program, administered by Teacher Next Door. Plus, you are eligible for the Teacher Next Door Grant and additional down payment assistance for firefighters and EMT’s.
- If you have a steady income and good credit, the Federal Home Loan Bank Program offers $4,500 in down payment assistance with no added fees. The home has to be owner occupied and you will need to take a home buyer education class which can be taken by phone.
- All law enforcement officers and support staff may purchase any home on the market through the Officer Next Door Program, administered by Teacher Next Door. Plus, you are eligible for the Teacher Next Door Grant and additional down payment assistance for police officers and law enforcement.
- The TFSB 100 programs offers 100% financing with a credit score of 620 or above. You don't have to be a first-time home buyer and there are no income or geographical restrictions.
I work ONLY with lenders and title companies who share my passion and offer discounts in honor of your service. To find out which program is best for you, fill out the Contact Me form so that we can get the conversation started.
You are all Community Heroes, and heroes should be rewarded. Thank you for serving the community.