Simply saying "thank you for your service" is not enough!
We all know about the typical VA loan; these loans are available exclusively to those who have served our country and select military spouses. Due to its competitive rates and no down payment requirement, the VA Loan is the best choice for many military families.
There is no minimum credit requirement set by the Department of Veterans Affairs for a VA loan. However, lenders who fund the loans will usually have credit requirements that the homebuyer must meet. In order to qualify for a VA loan, you must meet one of the following criteria: You've served 181 days of service during peacetime. You've served 90 days of service during war time. You've had six years of service in the Reserves or National Guard.
That's your typical VA Loan. But you deserve more.
We work with several partners who offer additional benefits to military personnel. This includes lenders, title companies and pest inspections companies. We do this because we both honor and value your service and want to provide you with the best, lowest cost home buying experience possible.
Are you familiar with the VA Home Loan Advantage Program? Since it began, it has been a tremendous success thanks to the many outstanding clients who have chosen to work with us. Here is an overview of the exclusive incentives of this program:
- No loan origination fee (up to $1,199 value) through our partner George Mason Mortgage
- Complimentary appraisal (up to $525 value) through our partner Prosperity Home Mortgage
- 15% discount off home inspection fee through Complete Building Inspections (Purchase only)
- $200 off settlement fees through any participating settlement services company (see links below)
That's one program. Here are some others:
- With the VA Purchase Program, you can receive up to $7,500 in down payment assistance or closing help through our partner The Federal Savings Bank - a bank owned by Veterans. They offer loans with no money down, flexible qualifications, lower rates, a streamline refinance program that doesn’t require an appraisal and no closing costs. Your benefits can be used multiple times This is for active duty, Veterans, reservists or surviving spouses.
- With the Maryland Mortgage Grant Assist Program, you can receive a first mortgage loan grant of up to 4% to cover down payment and closing costs. Generally, this is for first-time homebuyers, but the requirement is waived if you are an honorably discharged Veteran who has not previously used the firs-time homebuyer exemption.
- Are you a returning Veteran? Then you are eligible to receive up to $10,000 on the Returning Veterans Purchase Program through our partner FitzGerald Financial Group. You must have served in an overseas intervention to qualify but if you qualify there is no minimum investment and no first-time home buyer requirement. This is for owner occupied purchases only. Again, this is for active duty, Veterans, reservists or surviving spouses.
To find out more about these programs I invite you to contact me or come to one of our Home Buyer Workshops. There you will find a wealth of information and people who understand your needs.
Because of you, we are all safer. So again, thank you for your service. This time, let us serve you.
Complete Building Inspections
FitzGerald Financial Group
The Federal Savings Bank